Keeping your eyes healthy is important to ensure you have a good vision. Different eye conditions and eye diseases may compromise vision and can lead to a variety of inconveniences and discomfort, not to mention probable surgeries and complications.
If you have not had any scheduled or walk in exam in your life, or have not experienced some signs of vision problems, it does not permit you to be passive on your eyes health. You should get your eyes checked as frequently as possible and do these eye care tips that we will share with you below:
- maintain a good and healthy weight – excessive weight and fasts can cause health complications in general including diabetes, and diabetes is one of the causing factors of glaucoma, cataract, and other eye problems across the globe.
- Eat healthy food and regulate your diet – your diet determines your overall health including your eyes. Besides preventing illnesses like diabetes, having improper and inadequate nutrients because of poor diet can lead to a weakening of your organs such as your eyes. If you want to keep your health afloat, then maintain a good diet by eating plenty of vegetables and fruits especially green leafy and deep yellow vegetables. You also need to include in your diet fish like tuna, salmon, and halibut as they contain omega-3 fatty acids that keep your eyes healthy.
- Wear sunglasses – UV light from the sun causes a lot of problems on different parts of your body including skin and eyes (all parts that are directly exposed to the sun). long exposure to the sun causes cataracts as wellmacular degenerationthat is also caused by aging. If you are already wearing eyeglasses, opt for a lens that has a UV coating or anti-reflective coating.
- If you wear contact lenses, know the proper procedure – whether you use lenses for vision correction or fashion, it is important to know the basics of using lenses such as washing your hands and ensuring they are completely clean when putting in and taking out your lenses, as well as how to properly clean your lenses and when to replace them.
- Exercise regularly – exercising has many health benefits including lowering the risk of having diabetes, controlling high cholesterol, and preventing high blood pressure. This disease will make your eyes prone to degeneration besides other organs.
- Be informed about your family medical history – before developing symptoms, it is important to know your family medical history. Your grandfather may have had diabetes before. Genes are also a factor in developing health problems including diabetes or eye conditions. Always have yourself get checked and examined by a professional.
- Rest your eyes as many times as possible – if your work involves looking at the computer all the time, it is important that you still insert some minutes in your schedule to rest your eyes. Take 10 mins eye break after an hour of looking at the computer. This helps a lot.
Follow all of these tips and take precautions when it comes to your eyes. Vision problems can cause a lot of inconveniences such as blurry vision, difficulty in concentrating, and problems that may need surgeries. Take care of your eyes!